(Disclaimer: I say glowy A LOT during this review)
I think it’s safe to say that Charlotte Tilbury is one of my favorite makeup artists of all time. Charlotte is a celebrity makeup artist from Ibiza who is a hot commodity all over the world. Every celebrity wants their Red Carpet looks to come from this British makeup goddess. Tilbury’s brand is a luxury makeup and skincare line that focuses on putting anti-aging ingredients in the products so you’re getting the best bang for your buck. Also, all of her products are beautifully packaged in all Rose Gold and Night Crimson, which is a huge plus for me who loves anything Rose Gold. Her website lists all of her products, which consist of face makeup products (face, eyes, cheeks, and lips). Her line also includes a skincare line (moisturizer, night cream, eye moisturizer, masks, bronze tints, cleansers, body glows..etc). The only con that I can think of is how high the price tag is. The makeup/skincare is very luxury and gives me the perfect glowy complexion while maintaining an easy natural look, buttttt I still cringe when I see the expensive price tag for some of the items. With this being said, I think that Tilbury’s makeup line makes a difference with my skin and I believe that makeup/skincare is an investment.
For the audience that usually purchases Tom Ford products I have a makeup dupe for you! Charlotte worked as an artist for Tom Ford for years before she decided to start her line. I believe that some of Charlotte’s products are very similar in formula to Tom Ford’s and the best part is the cheaper price tag compared to Tom Ford (the eyeshadow quads, cream shadows, and lipsticks).
These are the products I have tried out so far from Charlotte Tilbury and I have fallen completely in love:
Airbrush Flawless Finish 2 Medium: $45
- This is a finely milled powder that I use to brush over my t zone and under my eyes to set my face and concealer. This product is a must-have of the Charlotte Tilbury collection due to how smoothly it applies and how it DOESN’T make my makeup look cakey, even for my super dry skin.
Filmstar Bronze & Glow Light/ Medium: $65
- Very finely milled powders which makes for easy application.
- The highlighter shade has a subtle sheen which gives the natural glowy look.
- The bronzer is an ashy brown which matches many skin tones perfectly.
Matte Revolution lipstick in the shade Pillowtalk: $34
- A rosey pink nude with a Matte finish.
K.I.S.S.I.N.G lip kit in Nude Kate w/ Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude: $52
- A tawny nude lipstick with a satin finish, then the lip liner is the same brown nude.
Goddess Skin Travel Kit with the Magic Cream, Wonder Glow, and Goddess Skin Clay Mask: $59
- The Magic Cream gave a very glowy effect to my face IMMEDIATELY after application and my face remained moisturized the ENTIRE day.
- The Wonder Glow I applied directly on top of the Magic Cream and it almost locked the Magic Cream in place to where the natural glow it gave me stayed longer throughout the day.
(I would not recommend for super oily skin users)
- I apply a light layer of the Goddess Skin Clay Mask for 10-15 minutes before I apply moisturizer. After wiping it off with a warm wash cloth I noticed my pores looked invisible (I’ve never found product to diminish them before), and my skin was flawlessly smooth. Even if you skip the Magic Cream and the Wonder Glow I think this mask is a must-have due to how effective it is immediately. A smooth base makes for an even foundation application.
Thank you for reading my review! I hope it helped for anyone new to the Charlotte Tilbury brand or just researching the different products before buying! The image I used for the review came off of Charlotte Tilbury’s website, charlottetilbury.com. Please let me know in the comments any questions or your thoughts on the products mentioned above!